Thanks Jared,

Drinks are on me ;-)

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Ok, everybody, let's show up in support of Anjo.

This should be a great presentation.

Sorry if someone has already posted this to the list today, I just haven't
had time to read it yet today.

Jared

-----------------

SearchEBusiness invites you to this Vendor Connection Webcast:

TOPIC: The death of the buffer cache hit ratio
WHEN: Wednesday, August 7 at 11:00 a.m. EDT (15:00 GMT)
SPEAKER: Anjo Kolk, Chief Oracle Technologist, Precise Software and
renowned Oracle performance author
SPONSOR: Precise Software
PRE-REGISTER FOR THIS WEBCAST TODAY:
http://searchEBusiness.com/webcasts

------------------------
-- About this Webcast --
--------------------- ---
Join Anjo Kolk, Chief Oracle Technologist at Precise Software and
renowned Oracle performance author, for his views on Oracle
performance tuning. Anjo will discuss how conventional tuning
approaches rely too heavily on checking the buffer cache hit ratio.
Many DBAs do their best to get a 99% or better hit ratio but discover
that the performance of their database isn't really improving when
the hit ratio gets better. Anjo will discuss these points and others:

* If the hit ratio was tuned to 99% or better, why is end user
response time still bad?
* If tuning the hit ratio is not the answer to end-user response
time, what is?
* Why does a hit ratio do exactly the opposite of what you would
think?
* Logical I/Os -- The myths dispelled.
* How to calculate the cost of a logical I/O.
* How to use the response time model in Oracle to find performance
problems.

If database performance is important to you, c lick here to
pre-register for this Webcast: http://searchEBusiness.com/webcasts

Precise Software Solutions (Nasdaq: PRSE) headquartered in Westwood,
MA, delivers Precise i3, a comprehensive solution for Application
Performance Management that focuses directly on the end-user
experience and delivers a rapid return on technology investments.
Precise i3 proactively detects and corrects the root causes of
performance degradation before they affect response times. Visit us
at http://www.precise.com.

-- Invite a colleague --