Reinstall the Oracle client software using the
programmers version.  Also, be aware that the
installer is not intelligent enough to know what it
installed.  You may get link errors because the
installer is attempting link to software that it did
not actually install.  You may need to run 'relink
client' and 'relink precomp' from the command line
after the install.

If that does not work, log a tar with Oracle.  For
some reason, OCI has gotten pretty flakey.

--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     We are seeing an error from a 3rd party etl tool
> that says:
>

>                 Cannot find or load Oracle OCI
> module
>

> This is occurring on a production box.  In comparing
> the oracle files to our development box, we are
> seeing differences (files missing).  However, Oracle
> seems to be running ok (database wise, and in
> relation to other vendor tools).
>
> Where should I be looking for the OCI files and
> where should they be located?  The dba who did the
> install is out of the country for a month.
>

> Thanks,
>

>     Hannah

=====
Pete Barnett