Take the emp table as an  example
Select rownum, empno
from emp
where rownum <  ( Select count(*) + 1 from emp)
minus
Select rownum, empno
from emp
where rownum <  ( Select (count(*) + 1) - 10 from emp)

Hope this works
Fazal
--- Amjad Saiyed <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> hi milind
>
> iam not sure  but does <= will work coz with rownum
> i thought
> only < worked.....hence we could use "< 11"
> i not sure can u let me know ...
>
> thanx and rgds,
> Ams....

=====
Abul Fazal
Production Support Services - Quantum Leap
Standard Charted Bank
Singapore
HP : 65-94887900

HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs