Enterprise Manager is not to be trusted.  Learn to use Query Analyzer instead.

Dave

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, August 15, 2002 11:29 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

Gogala Mladen

Although I am not supporting SQL Server but my other colleague does, SQL
SERVER has a nice product called Enterprise Manager , a GUI based tool ,
through which management of SQL SERVER is point and click. Besides
BOOKS-ONLINE have a facitity called 'HOW TO' and you can go to relevant part
of doc instantly. My colleague gave me some demo for couple of hours and I
am sure it can be managed very easily for an ORDINARY DBA (????so
submissive) like you. I hope you don't mind...

One of your old fan,

Regards
Mohammad Rafiq

To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 22:43:20 -0800

Us, ordinary DBAs, may become obsolete , but goddesses, no, never.
Anyone who says that is a heathen. BTW, I got an assignment that I'm very
much looking forward to. I have to learn how to manage....SQL Server. Long
story:
our company acquired a smaller one, many IS people from the smaller company
have left,
to make a long story short, we have a SQL Server 7 database and we don't
know what to
do about it. I'll finally acquire some first hand knowledge about the
dreaded competitor.
Can anybody offer a good advice?

On 2002.08.14 21:18 Rachel Carmichael wrote:
 > obviously one of the new 9iR2 parameters designed to make the DBA
 > obsolete :)
 >
 > --- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
 > > Oh, in that case:
 > >
 > > ALTER SYSTEM SET SQL_EXECUTION_SPEED=WARP_10;
 > >
 > > ;)
 > >
 > > Jared
 > >

 > > "Khedr, Waleed" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 > > Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 > > 08/14/2002 08:58 AM
 > > Please respond to ORACLE-L
 > >

 > >         To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
 > > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 > >         cc:
 > >         Subject:        RE: It took more than an hour to update
 > > 10,000 records
 > >

 > >  I think the original poster was testing our skills since he posted
 > > his
 > > problem and disappeared.
 > > Also he asked for some init.ora parameter to make it faster:)
 > >
 > > Regards,
 > >
 > > Waleed

 > http://www.hotjobs.com
 > Author: Rachel Carmichael