Absolutely false. You can always reuse the space if you drop the tablespace.

Thanks !!

Rishi

-----Original Message-----
From: Nick Wagner [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, August 19, 2002 8:48 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
Subject: Oracle OPS and IBM VSD

Once you allocate a tablespace within a VSD (Virtual Shared Disk) file system, can you ever drop the tablespace and re-use that space for something else?   (ex: chaining is a huge issue at this site, and there is not enough rollback space to analyze some of the table for chained rows... could I create a temporary tablespace with a large rollback segment to analyze the table for chained rows, and fix the table?)

I heard, third hand, that this was not possible...  I'm just looking for confirmation that this is true... or false.

Oracle 8.1.7 OPS.
AIX 4.3.3
VSD Filesystem

(I tried IBM, but they just pointed fingers.)

Thanks!!
Nick