As SYS,

create view MY_SESSION as
SELECT ... FROM V$SESSION
WHERE SID IN (SELECT SID FROM V$MYSTAT);

grant select on MY_SESSION to public

create public synonym ...

hth
connor

 --- Denham Eva <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > Hello
Gurus,

> I would like to try and build in some security onto
> a certain schemas
> tables, using for instance from system, I can do a
> select from v$session to
> obtain program name etc. ie,
>
> SELECT PROGRAM FROM V$SESSION;
>
> An extention of this a user "with the rights" can do
> :-
> SELECT PROGRAM FROM V$SESSION
> WHERE SID IN (SELECT SID FROM V$MYSTAT);
>
> I really don't want to give all the users these
> rights.
>
> Is there any query that a normal user can run which
> returns the same
> information as the above? ie program name.
> Using auditing is a rather impractical option, as
> the growth would be huge,
> the idea is to capture only the changes and users
> that update/insert/delete
> using undesignated software ie MS Access.
>
> Regards
> Denham Eva
> Oracle DBA
> In UNIX Land
> On a quiet Night, you can hear the Windows machines
> reboot.

> DISCLAIMER
> This message is for the named person's use only. It
> may contain confidential,
> proprietary or legally privileged information. No
> confidentiality or privilege
> is waived or lost by any mistransmission. If you
> receive this message in error,
> please immediately delete it and all copies of it
> from your system, destroy any
> hard copies of it and notify the sender. You must
> not, directly or indirectly,
> use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part
> of this message if you are not
> the intended recipient. TFMC, its holding company,
> and any of its subsidiaries each reserve
> the right to monitor and manage all e-mail
> communications through its networks.
>
> Any views expressed in this message are those of the
> individual sender, except where
> the message states otherwise and the sender is
> authorized to state them to be the
> views of any such entity.

> This e-mail message has been scanned for Viruses and
> Content and cleared
> by MailMarshal
>
> For more information please visit
> www.marshalsoftware.com

> DISCLAIMER
> This message is for the named person's use only. It
> may contain confidential,
> proprietary or legally privileged information. No
> confidentiality or privilege
> is waived or lost by any mistransmission. If you
> receive this message in error,
> please immediately delete it and all copies of it
> from your system, destroy any
> hard copies of it and notify the sender. You must
> not, directly or indirectly,
> use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part
> of this message if you are not
> the intended recipient. Contract Forwarding, its
> holding company, and any of its
> subsidiaries each reserve the right to monitor and
> [...]

=====
Connor McDonald
http://www.oracledba.co.uk
http://www.oaktable.net

"Remember amateurs built the ark - Professionals built the Titanic"

http://uk.my.yahoo.com
Author: =?iso-8859-1?q?Connor=20McDonald?=