I'm managing an OPS configuration (4x HP 9000/N, HP-UX 11/64 , RDBMS 8.1.7.1)
and I'm having an application dependency on a temporal order of sequence numbers.
With OPS that becomes a problem because each node caches a set of sequence numbers
(20 by default). Oracle has an option, specifically for that situation, namely "ORDER".
My question is whether ORDER is the same thing as NOCACHE and whether it is possible
to have a NOCACHE sequence which will return numbers in an incorrect order (larger number
before the smaller one).
Please, o OPS gods and godesses, help me out and I'll sacrifice you a beer when I see you.
Mladen Gogala