Title: Dev tools for web-based apps

What development tools (Oracle Forms, Java/JDeveloper) are your shops using to deploy new applications to the web? Or what Oracle tool would you recommend to Developers?

My client is wanting to re-design an application (currently written in C) using Oracle Forms (partly due to a "shorter" learning curve with Forms.) The application will contain a great deal of complex business rules and consistency checks. I might add that product in production date is late 2005.

I have concerns about Forms' performance issues in running a huge applet and mainly Forms' life expectancy. It appears to me that Oracle's focus and future is with Java and JDeveloper.

Am I off base here?

Thanks in advance!
Val

Valerie H. Webber