Title: Need Oracle education material

Hi List,

I have to make a Oracle training for some sysadmins, which want to administrate a Oracle database. The have neither database nor oracle specific knowledge. The main focus in this training should be, make them fit for recovering a oracle database (I know sounds like a nice joke). I have two days to train them in oracle fundamentals. What I like to show them is the structure of a oracle database (internal like SGA, PGA... and external OFA). After that I want to explain them the oracle backup and recovery concept, but only cold backup cause they use this method. Then I want to explain them some typical crash / recovery scenarios (only for Windows systems, cause their database runs on W2K). On the second day I will create some crashes, so that they have to recover the database.

So, what I want to know is, is there someone on the list, who has a short documentation for such a training environment, or has some links where I can get somethng like this. Oracle documentation and training documents are a little bit to voluminous.

Any help is welcome.

Regards

Volker Schoen
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]