I tried that too. But did it not help. here is the
ouput.

executing command: SET NEWNAME

executing command: SET NEWNAME

executing command: SET NEWNAME

executing command: SET NEWNAME

executing command: SET NEWNAME

executing command: SET NEWNAME

executing command: SET NEWNAME

executing command: SET NEWNAME

allocated channel: c1
channel c1: sid=10 devtype=DISK

allocated channel: c2
channel c2: sid=11 devtype=DISK
allocated channel: c3
channel c3: sid=12 devtype=DISK

Starting restore at 17-SEP-02

released channel: c1
released channel: c2
released channel: c3
RMAN-00571:
RMAN-00569: =============== ERROR MESSAGE STACK
FOLLOWS ===============
RMAN-00571:
RMAN-03002: failure of restore command at 09/17/2002
10:29:13
RMAN-06026: some targets not found - aborting restore
RMAN-06100: no channel to restore a backup or copy of
datafile 8
RMAN-06100: no channel to restore a backup or copy of
datafile 7
RMAN-06100: no channel to restore a backup or copy of
datafile 6
RMAN-06100: no channel to restore a backup or copy of
datafile 5
RMAN-06100: no channel to restore a backup or copy of
datafile 4
RMAN-06100: no channel to restore a backup or copy of
datafile 3
RMAN-06100: no channel to restore a backup or copy of
datafile 2
RMAN-06100: no channel to restore a backup or copy of
datafile 1

=== message truncated ===

Yahoo! News - Today's headlines
http://news.yahoo.com