-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, September 18, 2002 3:43 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

Hi all,

Can anyone share any experience of the "logging" option on Solaris 8
filesystems with regard to Oracle and performance.  I've just inhereted a
second hand Sun box to use as a test machine and the filesystems are
already set up with this option for both redo log disks and datafile disks.

The disks are also set up for buffered i/o which I'm tempted to change to
forcedirectio, but I'd prefer to just change one thing at a time and see
what happens!

Any info much appreciated.
- Bill.

--
Intasys Billing Technologies Ltd.               www.intasysbilling.com
74 Commercial Street, Commercial Quay, Leith, Edinburgh EH6 6LX

Author: Bill Buchan

Author: K Gopalakrishnan