FOR/LOOP code references a cursor called 'all_terms' while you are asking
about 'all_rules'. Is this just a simple typing error or are you looking at
the wrong spot in your code?

Alec

Sent: Wednesday, September 18, 2002 12:53 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

resending the mail. Kindly ignore my prev mail with wrong subject.

Hi All,

I ve a stored proceure and with the following cursor defined. And after
running the procedure, i see that No of open cursors  incresing. I checked
it querying v$open_cursor like this. ( SELECT sql_text from v$open_cursor).

CURSOR all_rules (l_ticket_type_id NUMBER) IS
    SELECT rule_id , workflow_id FROM rule
      WHERE ticket_type_id =  l_ticket_type_id
      AND ews_flag=1
      AND active_flag=1;

-- Cusror is processed as below..
FOR term_rec IN all_terms( p_rule_id ) LOOP
        -- do processing
END LOOP;

Since I m using CURSOR for stemennet its closed automaticaly. right?. But it
doentnt seem closing as mentioned above ( when querried v$open_cursor). pls
reply

PS:

Also in the stored procedure I use some SELECT statements, that too is shown
when I query open_cursor as above. Do you know why no of open cursors
increasing?

Thanks in advance
Joshy
Author: JOSHY MON M C