From: Craig Munday [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, 20 September 2002 10:53 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
Subject: RE: count(*)

Hi,

I am not sure if I have a solution for you, but I have a number of questions:

1) just for my interest, what type of application would need to insert 3-4 million records per hour?

2) Why does the application need to do the select count(*)....?  What verification is being performed?

3) Perhaps the design of the application could change so the number of records is reduced?

Cheers,
Craig.