I'm not sure I understand what you exactly want but
here is what I do/believe.

Since 815 and up to 817, I use LMT with uniform extent
size. I kept the number of extents by objects below
100. On a 8K block size, you should not have more than
505 extents for an object because that's the number of
extent adresses Oracle can keep in a block (in the
segment header).

Yes, object fragmentation is as bad with LMT than
dictionnary managed tablespaces. You do not want
blocks to be half empty, in both cases Oracle will
have more worked to do (read more blocks) to read the
data.

HTH
 --- VIVEK_SHARMA <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> a écrit :

> Missed your Point Can u explain ?
>
> NO MIN_EXTENTS Set at Tablespace OR Object Level
> when migrating from Dict to LMT
>
> Does Excessive Fragmentaion of Objects in Locally
> Managed Tablesspaces
> have a Performance Overhead OR does it have only a
> Space overhead ?
>
> Thanks

dbms_space_admin.tablespace_migrate_from_local('TBLSPC1');
> > execute

dbms_space_admin.tablespace_migrate_to_local('TBLSPC1');

> > Thanks
> >
> > --
> > Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ:
> > http://www.orafaq.com
> > --
> > Author: VIVEK_SHARMA
> >   INET: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >
> > Fat City Network Services    -- 858-538-5051
> > http://www.fatcity.com
> web
> > hosting services

> removed
> > from).  You may
> > (like subscribing).
>
> =====
> Connor McDonald
> http://www.oracledba.co.uk
> http://www.oaktable.net
>
> "Remember amateurs built the ark - Professionals
> built the Titanic"

> http://uk.my.yahoo.com
> --
> Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ:
> http://www.orafaq.com
> --
> Author: =?iso-8859-1?q?Connor=20McDonald?=
>   INET: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> Fat City Network Services    -- 858-538-5051
> http://www.fatcity.com
> hosting services

> from).  You may
> (like subscribing).
> --
> Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ:
> http://www.orafaq.com
> --
> Author: VIVEK_SHARMA
>   INET: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> Fat City Network Services    -- 858-538-5051
> http://www.fatcity.com
> hosting services

> from).  You may
> (like subscribing).

=====
Stéphane Paquette
DBA Oracle, consultant entrepôt de données
Oracle DBA, datawarehouse consultant

Author: =?iso-8859-1?q?paquette=20stephane?=