Title: RE: Determine process of index build - HOW

George,

Doing some big index rebuilding myself on this fine weekend. If you know about how big the index will be and the tablespace, you can see how large the temporary segment is at the moment. That can give you a rough idea of how far along things are. It usually takes quite a while for the first extent then things get moving faster.

select
  segment_name,
  segment_type,
  round(bytes/1024/1024,2) Mb ,