Hemant,

TAF was specific to OCI only in v8.0 of the database.  In v8.1 and upwards, it is specified for any application or API in the TNSNAMES entry...

This example comes straight out of the "Oracle Net8 Administration" manual, page 8-14.  I'd suggest reading up on the meaning of the FAILOVER_MODE settings, specifically TYPE= and METHOD=.  Also, if you have your OPS/RAC instances in a pure "active/passive" arrangement, then the TNS entry below should work (i.e. LOAD_BALANCE=OFF).  If you have both instances equally available for user connections (i.e. "active/active" failover arrangement), then you might consider changing LOAD_BALANCE=ON to distribute the connections randomly.  However, you'll want to think carefully about using that mechanism...  :-)

sales.us.acme.com=
    (description=
        (load_balance=off)
        (failover=on)
        (address_list=
            (address=
                (protocol=tcp)
                (host=sales1-server)
                (port=1521)
            )
            (address=
                (protocol=tcp)
                (host=sales2-server)
                (port=1521)
            )
        )
        (connect_data=
            (service_name = sales.us.acme.com)
            (failover_mode = (type=select)(method=basic))
        )
    )
Hope this helps...

-Tim