Certainly a lot of the recursive SQL I've seen in
traces is riddled with ORDERED, FIRST_ROWS or a long
explicit list (ala outline style) hints

You get the feeling it was:
- explain SQL under RBO
- not down plan
- craft hints to make sure it does it under CBO

Cheers
Connor

 --- Tim Gorman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > RE: But I
*want* to use RBO!The well-known problems

http://metalink.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/ml2_documents.showDocument?p_database_id=NOT&p_id=189702.1

>   Does this mean Oracle is getting rid of their data
> dictionary too? :)

=====
Connor McDonald
http://www.oracledba.co.uk
http://www.oaktable.net

"Remember amateurs built the ark - Professionals built the Titanic"

http://uk.my.yahoo.com
Author: =?iso-8859-1?q?Connor=20McDonald?=