Hi All,

We have a database running 7.3.4.5 and implemented a procedure that renames
the alert logs every day.
When the databases are down we rename the alert logs with a date extension.
Now we have three databases of which two will simply create a new alert log
and startup (including the test instance on which we tried it). The third
one will not start up and give above error.

All databases are shutdown the same way.

Has anybody seen this behaviour before and found a reason/solution for it?

Jacob A. van Zanen
Oracle DBA

Quant Systems Europe BV
Zuiderkade 7