Anjo,

I'm pretty sure Jared would let you advertise papers you wrote as well
as  papers written by others!

We are installing new servers, new data center, new apps, new
databases. I have been given NO input into the decision-making process,
other than to tell them how large my databases will be.

At least 6 of the databases will be on the same server, although it
will be partitioned into domains. All 6 are critical and need to be
fast. All 6 will be sharing the same EMC Symmetrix disks.

The only saving grace in all this that I can see is that my title is
development DBA and the company we hired to manage staging and
production has told me that it is THEIR responsibility, not mine, to
monitor not just infrastructure but also system/app/database
performance.

It's going to be fun to watch the fireworks and know I don't have to
put on my firefighting gear.

Small favors, for which I have made appropriate sacrifices to the gods
:)

Rachel

http://faith.yahoo.com
Author: Rachel Carmichael