It still seems to be restrictive and pricey to me.

The 30 "books"-a-month at a one time yearly fee is $300.  At the end of
the year, what do you have?  Another $300 bill for the next year.  And
how many books do you have access too, if you don't dish out another
$300, ZERO.

With bookpool.com, for $300 I can buy quite a few books, that I will
still have after one year.  Granted after 3 or 4 years those books will
be retired, but they definitely paid for themselves.  And if my site is
slow to upgrade then I may keep my books for even longer...some sites
are still running Oracle7.

Additionally, paper books are great since you can highlight, mark,
scribble notes, attach tabs to the page, etc.

Obviously, if I work for a company that has deep pockets then they can
pay the bill, but that doesn't appear to be the case today.

I love Oreilly books, I just don't like the Safari Bookshelf website
deal.  This business model needs more work...perhaps they have snagged
9,999 customers, but if they dropped the prices and dropped the
restrictions then they will get 999,999,999,999,999 customers.

(stepping down from my soapbox, my apologies for my off-topic ranting
and raving, thank God it's Friday)