Title: Phew ... Finally Migrated
I appreciate the feedback Raj.
-----Original Message-----
From: Jamadagni, Rajendra [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, October 14, 2002 11:24 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
Subject: Phew ... Finally Migrated

Over the weekend we migrated all our production systems on 9201 on AIX.

I know it is not all that important, but thought I'd let everyone know. I also learned the magic of commit=y/n setting on imp. I have one table (it had a long column) that was taking 6600 seconds to import with commit=y. After looking up Metalink, I changes the commit=y to commit=n, the same import finishes in 1010 seconds.

I have 14G of undo tablespace, so I changed commit=n for import on all tables with long columns ... the time for import was reduced dramatically.

Raj
Rajendra Jamadagni              MIS, ESPN Inc.
Rajendra dot Jamadagni at ESPN dot com
Any opinion expressed here is personal and doesn't reflect that of ESPN Inc.
QOTD: Any clod can have facts, but having an opinion is an art!