-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, October 14, 2002 5:34 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

John - Wow! An impressive memory tour de force!
   My problem is that I am driving during my commute. You get the
strangest looks when the next driver glances over and sees your face
buried in a PDA. Actually that last phrase might become prophetic. I was
just asking if there was a way to get a talking e-book. For example, you
can download just about any book whose copyright has expired, copy,
paste into my text-to-voice, and there you have an audio version. I'll
be long dead before the copyrights on any books about Oracle expire.
Most e-book publishers protect their material as zealously as the Secret
Service protects the president. Which often renders them unusable for
any purpose.
   Personally, I liked the suggestion to ask the noted authors on this
list to read their books just like the fiction superstars do.

Dennis Williams
DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.

Sent: Monday, October 14, 2002 4:11 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

Dennis,

See below is an email conversation that I had with the 'Goddess' in 2000
on the same subject. Those were the days when Goddesses had to sleep and
de-stress on their way home

(Ducking as the Goddess takes out her six-shooter magic wand)

John

Reply from Rachel:
==================
Geek! <G>

The concept you are thinking of exists in some form already -- e-books.
PDA

sized computer that you can download a book into.

Destressing is important -- but more so is the nap I took on the train
on my

way home tonight!

Rachel

Author: John Kanagaraj

command for other information (like subscribing).
Author: DENNIS WILLIAMS

command for other information (like subscribing).
Author: Grabowy, Chris