We had a similar problem with a load program.  I believe it had to do with the century setting for us.
-----Original Message-----
From: Sunny Verghese [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, October 15, 2002 8:58 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
Subject: Strange Date -- 00-JAN-00 !!!!!

One of the DBAs I work with is trying to figure out how some of the records in a table with about 15 million records contains 00-Jan-00 in a specific date column. The table is populated using an application written in Power Builder.

I don't know the history (if and when patches were applied / the database was upgraded). I saw a couple of notes on Metalink about upgrades causing something of this sort.

Any ideas ???

Sunny

faith.yahoo.com