We too make extensive use of the product, though our team does not need to
maintain it. Just the backend database. Seems to work as intended, alerting
the operations staff in case of failures. I have not heard the folks trash
this product. Though, I have had them ask me for JIL scripts, whatever that
means, to setup jobs, at which point, I go to my good old cron.

Raj

                    "Deshpande, Kirti"

                    <kirti.deshpande@ve        To:     Multiple recipients of list
ORACLE-L <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                    rizon.com>                 cc:

                    Sent by:                   Subject:     RE: CA's AutoSys

                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                    October 18, 2002

                    12:39 PM

                    Please respond to

                    ORACLE-L

Dick,
 We have been using that product for quite some time now... and it does a
pretty good job of scheduling things. In our environment *all* jobs are
handled by Autosys, and we are not supposed to use 'cron'.  We use the
product for scheduling jobs on a variety of h/w platforms( IBM-AIX, HP,
Sun,
SGI etc). It does need some dedicated resources to manage a large and
dynamic environment. In our case, Operations and Production Control group
has 2-3 FTEs maintaining the job schedules. The database used by Autosys is
an Oracle 8i database and we have a Senior DBA responsible for it, as it is
one of the *most critical* databases in the Company.

 - Kirti