Friends :

I have a situation :

I need to import file wiht 29.000.000 lines and after it i would like to
create a index in background on unix.

Does anyone have some example off shell script that does it using nohup and
& ?

My idea is to call just one time and to run all operations, like that :

1.) imp user/passwd file=file.dmp fromuser=user1 touser=user2 rows=y
log=log1;

2.) create index ind1 on table1 (col1, col2)
tablespace tbs1;

My doubt is : How to write a shell script using nohup and & and that the
second item wait the first finish.

Regards

Eriovaldo Andrietta

Author: Eriovaldo Andrietta