It seems I was completely wrong, is it the same as for
Oracle 8 and 8i?
Last time I've worked with Windows it was on Oracle 8
and I thought that you had to stop the services
because Windows was not letting you copy the database
files.

 --- Igor Neyman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> a écrit : >
Joe,

> You can stop the services, which should shutdown the
> database (for cold backup).
>
> But, that's not the only option. You can leave
> services running, and just shutdown the database
> (using svrmgrl, or sqlplus), and then do the cold
> backup.
>
> Igor Neyman, OCP DBA
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

=====
Stéphane Paquette
DBA Oracle et DB2, consultant entrepôt de données
Oracle and DB2 DBA, datawarehouse consultant

Lèche-vitrine ou lèche-écran ?
magasinage.yahoo.ca
Author: =?iso-8859-1?q?paquette=20stephane?=