We have LTO 3580 on IBM P660 server. The backup speed normally between 9 Mb - 13 Mb/per second.

From: Rahul <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: OT: IBM Ultrium tape drive for AIX
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 22:43:21 -0800

list, we are planning to buy this external device for backup out AIX (2
databases + rootvg)
the sales rep says that this device can backup 60GB in 1.5 hours... (our
current internal DDS
tape drive takes 4-5 hours for the backup.) .. does anyone else on this list
has experience with
this device ? how fast reliable is this ?

regards

Author: Rahul

Author: dist cash