Title: Function use across database links

List,

Oracle documentation indicates the Oracle database server breaks the distributed query into a corresponding number of remote queries which it then sends to the remote node for execution.  The remote node executes the queries and sends the results back to the local node.  Therefore, I ran a statement and explained it.  The results show

SELECT STATEMENT   Cost=8
  REMOTE

 The question I have, is what if the sql is stored in a function that doesn't exist on the remote database.  Will the Oracle server use the local function?  If so, does it pull the data from the table on the remote server across the network.

I checked orafaq.com, but didn't find any hits on this subject, and was unable to locate any other documentation regarding function usage and Database links.

TIA
MCG