What would interest me is the number of disks used in each test.

Anjo.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Brooks, Russ
Sent: Monday, October 28, 2002 11:24 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
Subject: RAID5+

Hi,

  I just got forwarded a whitepaper from Hitachi and Oracle, that compairs raid 5+ and raid 1 using the TPC-C benchmark test suite.  The claim is that raid 5 is as fast or faster.  While I'm waiting for a comparison or raid 5+ with raid 0+1, I thought I'd take a poll with the list.  The benchmark is using the Hitachi 7700E.

  Has anyone heard other recommendations attributed to Oracle that are pushing raid 5+ as the configuraton for "unrivaled performance"?  Has new disk technology changed the general conception that raid 0 or 0+1 provides better performance than other raid levels?

Thanks,

Russ