    -----Original Message-----
    From:   [EMAIL PROTECTED] [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]

    I'm just doing a sanity test on my befuddled brain.

    I have a schema owner called JOE which owns a bunch of tables.
    While logged into the instance as JOE, he does the following -
    SQL> GRANT SELECT ON BASE_TABLE TO STD_ROLE;
    While logged into the instances as SYS, I do the following -
    SQL> GRANT STD_ROLE TO SUE;
    Now when SUE logs into the instance she want to create a view
    in her own schema based upon JOE.BASE_TABLE.

    The problem is that Oracle spits an ORA-01031 error and
    reports that SUE does not have sufficient privs.

    Other than explicitly doing
    SQL> GRANT SELECT ON BASE_TABLE TO SUE;
    is there any way to allow SUE to create the view?