I started to tell you that there were no arch trace file, but got a call,
while writing this mail (1.5 hours ago), that the system stuck again. This
time we put :alter system set archive_log_trace=32; so we have trace. The
trace file for the arch process that stuck is:

Tue Nov 05 14:21:36 2002
ORACLE V8.1.6.3.0 - Production vsnsta=0
vsnsql=e vsnxtr=3
Windows NT Version 4.0 Service Pack 6, CPU type 586
Oracle8i Enterprise Edition Release 8.1.6.3.0 - Production
With the Partitioning option
JServer Release 8.1.6.3.0 - Production
Windows NT Version 4.0 Service Pack 6, CPU type 586
Instance name: m135

Redo thread mounted by this instance: 1

Oracle process number: 118

Windows thread id: 728, image: ORACLE.EXE

*** SESSION ID:(185.7252) 2002-11-05 14:21:36.531
*** 2002-11-05 14:21:36.531
*** 2002-11-06 09:18:32.656
ARC6: Archive destination 1 made inactive: File I/O error 19502
Propogating archive 0 destination version 14 to version 18
Propogating archive 0 state version 10 to version 14
Propogating archive 1 destination version 5 to version 7
Propogating archive 1 state version 5 to version 7
Propogating archive 2 destination version 5 to version 7
Propogating archive 2 state version 5 to version 7
Propogating archive 3 destination version 5 to version 7
Propogating archive 3 state version 5 to version 7
Propogating archive 4 destination version 5 to version 7
Propogating archive 4 state version 5 to version 7

Yechiel Adar
Mehish