Title: RE: RE: When will Oracle 10i be out?
Guys,

To save time we thought we could simply copy Oracle from one host with version Solaris 2.8 to another host with version 2.6.  The error we are getting is:

ld.so.1: svrmgrl: fatal: libgen.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory

Killed

and I cannot open any databases.  Can I fix this by relinking?  Why is this file being called?  My LD_LIBRARY_PATH looks correct and on the previous host this file existed so it must be a Solaris 2.8 library (so says system admin.).  Do I have to reinstall Oracle software for this to work?  Can I just copy over the file or what if it was the same version of Solaris?

Thanks,

Paula