ORA-2083
02083, 00000, "database name has illegal character '%s'"
// *Cause: supplied database name can contain only A-Z, 0-9, '_', '#', '$'nb
// '.' and '@' characters.
//
Solution Description:
Potential Solution(s):

1. Check whether you are using a dash "-" in the database name, i.e., PROD-DB.
If so, remove it.
2. Verify whether you have the parameters default domain and/or default zone
set to a dash "-" in the sqlnet.ora file. If so, you must remove it.

HTH
....Ponnusamy