Actually no.  But we usually script our actions and test the scripts prior
to doing anything in production.  As a sys admin, I've restored enough
casualties of the "rm -rf *" command to be rather careful about it myself.

> Um, I have.

I was wondering if anyone had.  But I could turn this around too and give an
example of when duplexing the redos failed to save me.  One so-called patch
that Compaq released for Tru64 actually caused disk writes to be unreliable
(OH MY GOD!!).  And we wound up with a G.D. mess in spite of the redos being
duplexed all nice and official.
Author: Stephen Lee