Thanks for taking time to reply, Cary. Much
appreciated.

Did I understand it correctly that in active/active
setup it would be beneficial to give each node "it's
own virtual empire" so to speak.
Like one node to service say marketing and sales,
while the other to deal with say inventory and
automation and minimize interdependencies between the
two?
I was thinking more along the lines of equally
distributing/balancing the utilization across the
nodes (which presumably makes it easier to re-route db
calls to surviving node in case of instance/node
failure after remastering, since all nodes are
"peers")
I obviously need to do some serious RTFMing here.

So if the key is to have application partitioned (by
probably functional/business areas?), is it at the
logical design stage that this needs to be accounted
for?
Assuming enterprise framework in place, like Zachman's
(http://www.zifa.com/framework.html) would it be at
the system model/logical level (or using Oracle
Designer terminology I guess at the system analysis
stage) that "design for RAC" comes to the picture for
a first time?

Thanks again.

If two or more RAC instances will be trying to cache

Author: Boris Dali