I have 3 individual views (average #records=76,000) with the exact same variable names and datatypes.  There is another view that is the union of the 3 individual views. If I use a count(*) operation (in sqlplus) on the view that is the union (or the individual view), I run out of temp space e.g. ORA-01652: unable to extend temp segment by 256 in tablespace TEMP (108M temp space, ). If I do subsets, selects, whatever, the views are fairly quick with no problems-- I just can't perform count(*) operations

Any ideas as to parameters in environment/temp space that would eliminate the extent problem relative to the count function?

thanks,
lc