What is the FREELIST GROUPS for the table?

Waleed

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, December 03, 2002 3:50 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

Just for grins, here's the level of support I'm getting on my Oracle TAR:

----------------------------------
You had stated earlier:
1/ After reanalyzing the table I saw the following stats in DBA_TABLES:
num_freelist_blocks: 2266966
avg_space_freelist_blocks: 3895
Unless I'm misreading this I should have had over 8Gig available for
inserts.

2/ I've had to add another data file and it has already grown to 600 Meg.

If the table is only 600 mb, then there is no way that it can have 8 gb of
free space. Since you have a lot of blocks with some free space, you may
want to export and import the table back to re-org the table...

Someone should inform these people that a table can consist of more than one
datafile...