Thanks, Raj.

>> Hmmmm... it is probably not an good example ...
Why not? On the contrary. I am sure damanagement here
would love to here this. Besides it fully supports
Oracle's statement that application can be migrated to
RAC "as is" (as I think Hemant mentioned).

Wait... did you say 9i? release 2? recently? - may be
it's a Christmas magic that made it happen for you?
(although those sceptical might say that it had to do
with your careful app "partitioning"/segmentation
rather than a festive season)

On a more serious note the following guidelines look
interesting:
http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/A97630_01/rac.920/a96600/migrate.htm#1013313

"Migrate to RAC ... unless your application was
specifically designed to not use cluster database
processing".
I wonder why would somebody do that?

 --- "Jamadagni, Rajendra"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > Hmmmm... it is
probably not an good example but we

Author: Boris Dali