is/was yr installation an upgrade from a previously installed 9.0.1.3.0 or 9.0.1.1.0
so that the "proc" remained ?
we took the installation images from oracle - same types for linux and SunOS - and the
installer shows that precompiler for c,... are duely installed. a blatant lie.

kr mr

thank you very much for the reply. now my problem seems to be that I didn't install
appropriately - but I couldn't find any hint on metalink. find a short summary of my
situation - actually the same on linux or SunOS9:
$sqlplus "/ as sysdba"

SQL*Plus: Release 9.2.0.1.0 - Production on Mi Dez 4 10:51:48 2002

Copyright (c) 1982, 2002, Oracle Corporation.  All rights reserved.

Connected to:
Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.1.0 - 64bit Production
With the Partitioning, OLAP and Oracle Data Mining options
JServer Release 9.2.0.1.0 - Production

SQL> exit
Disconnected from Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.1.0 - 64bit Production
With the Partitioning, OLAP and Oracle Data Mining options
JServer Release 9.2.0.1.0 - Production
co-db oracle  9.2.0.1.0 ~/product/9.2.0.1.0
$ which proc
no proc in /usr/ccs/bin /usr/bin etc /usr/openwin/bin . /u01/product/9.2.0.1.0/bin
/u01/bin . /usr/local/bin
$ pwd
/u01/product/9.2.0.1.0
$ echo $ORACLE_HOME
/u01/product/9.2.0.1.0
co-db oracle  9.2.0.1.0 ~/product/9.2.0.1.0
$ find . -name proc
./inventory/filemap/rdbms/demo/lobs/proc
./rdbms/demo/lobs/proc
co-db oracle  9.2.0.1.0 ~/product/9.2.0.1.0

hope this sheds some light on my problem.

thank you in advance for furhter hints
kr

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 12/03/02 17:20 PM >>>
SQL> exit
Disconnected from Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.2.0 - 64bit
Production
With the Partitioning, Real Application Clusters, OLAP and Oracle Data
Mining options
JServer Release 9.2.0.2.0 - Production
oraclei@elara-ABC1>
oraclei@elara-ABC1> which proc
/usr/opt/oracle/current/bin/proc

Raj
Rajendra Jamadagni              MIS, ESPN Inc.
Rajendra dot Jamadagni at ESPN dot com
Any opinion expressed here is personal and doesn't reflect that of ESPN Inc.