Sent: Friday, December 06, 2002 1:58 PM
Subject: National characters and UTL_FILE

Hello to everyone

I want to write national characters (Central European) to ASCII file, by using utl_file.

UTL_FILE is called within unix script, and afterwards ascii file (after applying "unix2dos") is sent as an attachment (by using "uuenview"). Both NLS_CHARACTERSET (EE8ISO8859P2) parameters are same within script (env.variable) and database.

But, instead of those specific letters I receive mail with useless content. I have then tried binary ftp of ASCII file, but to no avail.

I'm entering and reading those characters trough Forms with no problem at all.

So, is it possible to write CE characters (DOS extended character set actually) into ascii file?

Regional settings at Windows client (where mail or ftp are received) are appropriate (meaning, they are not set as USA...)...