Denham,

How about using status='INACTIVE' and last_call_et > 30 minutes?

Regards
Raj

                    Denham Eva

                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                    .za>                 cc:

                    Sent by:             Subject:     Finding User sessions = idle >
30 min??
                    root@fatcity.

                    com

                    December 10,

                    2002 08:18 AM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    ORACLE-L

Hello All,

Please help - I am trying to find/create a script that will return all user
sessions whose Idle time is greater than 30 minutes.

 ie
    SELECT SID, SERIAL#
    FROM V$SESSION
   " WHERE IDLE_TIME > 30 min;"

My forays into the Documentation and searches have not been very
successful.
I don't really want to do this via the roles IDLE_TIME setting, I very much
would like to be able to query directly to the database.

Based on the information I would then make the decision to kill the user
process etc.
Just in case you might be interested it is Oracle 817 DB on Windows 2k.

Best Regards
Denham Eva
Oracle DBA
"UNIX is basically a simple operating system, but you have to be a genius
to understand the simplicity."
Dennis Ritchie.