Sent: Tuesday, December 10, 2002 11:34 AM
Subject: Print command from PLSQL calling java stored procedure does not w

Gurus

I am still struggling to print text files to a network printer. I have tried various options to issue a print command through batch file.

my batch files are

test1.bat
print /d:\\myprinterserver\myprinter c:\myfolder\myfile.txt

test2.bat
print c:\myfolder\myfile.txt

test3.bat
copy c:\myfolder\myfile.txt lpt1:

test4.bat
type c:\myfolder\myfile.txt \\myprintserver\myprinter

if I add another line "copy c:\myfolder\myfile.txt copied.txt" at the beginning to all the above batch files, the copy command works but not the print command.

I am using oracle 8.1.7 on W2K. PLSQL procedure calls java stored procedure example of which is provided on oracle TechNet docid 165256.1. I have used other examples for JSP. they work for all dos shell commands except print.

Any note, hint is appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Shiva Baswannappa
Senior Developer
Digital Consulting and Software Services
Phone: 281.243.2658
Fax: 281.243.2504

Web: http://www.dcss.com

If the reader of this e-mail is not an intended recipient, you have received this e-mail in error and any review, dissemination, distribution or copying is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and permanently delete the copy you received. Thank you.