    -----Original Message-----
    From:   [EMAIL PROTECTED] [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]

    I have the following statement that I would like to create a function-based
    index for:

    SELECT MIN(tran_dt)
    FROM ach_tran
    WHERE cnfr_no = :b1

    I'd like the index to include columns cnfr_no and tran_dt (in that order).
    The examples I've seen are
    just single-column indexes.   Is it possible to have this  additional
    column in a function-based index that
    is not involved in the actual function?   If yes, what would the index
    creation statement look like?

    This is version 9.2.0.1 on Sun Solaris 2.6.

    Thanks in advance for any assistance.

    Cherie Machler
    Gelco DBA