-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, December 12, 2002 11:24 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

Gurus,

    I have been an Oracle DBA for almost 5 years and would like very
much to venture into independent Oracle consulting (part-time). As i
have spent most of these 5 years as a sole DBA for different companies,
studying and learning the ropes of Oracle Administration through books,
magazines, test machines and this list, I feel confident enough to
handle most Oracle issues. At the same time, I still have that feeling
of inadequacy. I am not sure if I am good enough to offer my services to
local companies.
    That said, I'd like to ask every one who are into consulting (on
their own or as a part-time gig) what are the technical and soft skills
necessary before I even think about consulting. How would you know that
you're "technically" ready for it. And how do I get started. Tips are
welcome too!

Thanks everyone.

=)

Author: Maria Aurora VT de la Vega