Title: Giving back Perl

Hello everyone -

I've been trying to write more Perl lately and after showing my Perl mentor some of the stuff I had written over the last couple of weeks the first thing he said was "why don't you give back to the community".

So I figure if I offer up my latest creation I could 1. give back and maybe help a person or two and 2. receive comments on my coding.  My coding style is rather simplistic and I would appreciate any comments about what I'm doing wrong/how something could be done differently (TMTOWTDI), etc.  My environment is W2K sp2/8.1.7.2.

I slapped together a script that fires backup controlfile to trace (including the stored proc) and ftp's it off to another server.  If anyone is interested in seeing it please email me directly.

Lisa Koivu
Oracle Diaper Administrator
Fairfield Resorts, Inc.
5259 Coconut Creek Parkway