>From an external perspective this is easy to say
but...

a) You've coughed up a whole lot of cash for
NetBackup.
b) You're looking for a good enterprise wide solution

Seems like its time to go RMAN

hth
connor

 --- "Spears, Brian" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote: >
>  Hi,
>
>   I am the other guy involved in this issue of Not
> backing up OPEN files on
> Unix with Netbackup.
>
>   We are keeping 2 days of logs on disk  up to 60gig
> of logs..  The tape
> backup people are not happy about us
>   backing this up often to provide extra redundancy
> especially as we
> implement this for every oracle system we
>   have.
>   Yes, we have considered running other backups but
> we really wanted to see
> if Veritas could close this logic hole
>   for us because we have a directive to keep our
> solution simple and secure.
>   I know on windows its no problem and veritas
> squawks when the files are in
> use... Anyone know if the "only
>   BACKUP close files" feature exists in Unix.
>
> Brian Spears
> Sr. Oracle Database Administrator OCP

=====
Connor McDonald
http://www.oracledba.co.uk
http://www.oaktable.net

"GIVE a man a fish and he will eat for a day. But TEACH him how to fish, and...he will
sit in a boat and drink beer all day"

http://uk.my.yahoo.com
Author: =?iso-8859-1?q?Connor=20McDonald?=