-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, December 26, 2002 2:59 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

List,

Can anybody tell me what is happening here.  I am constantly getting the
PLS-00201 error when I try to compile.  It is looking inside the package at
a procedure and saying the identifier must be declared.  I have gone over
metalink docs and notes. I first compile the package spec and then the
package body.  I get the following response:

SQL> alter package schema.p_messages compile package;

Warning: Package altered with compilation errors.

SQL> show errors
Errors for PACKAGE schema.P_MESSAGES:

LINE/COL ERROR

-------- -----------------------------------------------------------------

193/5    PL/SQL: Declaration ignored

197/38   PLS-00201: identifier 'HSD_TYPES.T_RETURN_CODE' must be declared

218/5    PL/SQL: Declaration ignored

219/34   PLS-00201: identifier 'HSD_TYPES.T_RETURN_CODE' must be declared

SQL> alter package schema.p_messages compile body;

Warning: Package Body altered with compilation errors.

SQL> show errors
Errors for PACKAGE BODY schema.P_MESSAGES:

LINE/COL ERROR

0/0      PL/SQL: Compilation unit analysis terminated

1/14     PLS-00905: object schema.P_MESSAGES is invalid

1/14     PLS-00304: cannot compile body of 'P_MESSAGES' without its

         specification

thanks,

David Ehresmann

Author: Ehresmann, David