Portal is part of iAS. iAS 1.0.2.X, preferably 1.0.2.2.2, runs Portal 3.0.9.X.X [base version 3.0.9.8.0]
against a database running 8.1.7.X

I'm not sure if iAS 2.x which has been renumbered to iAS 9.0.2 runs against 8.1.7. I believe it should.

To answer your question, you'd need to install Portal from iAS. This installs the Apache/Jserv, and
portal product files in the Apache ORACLE_HOME and Portal database schema into the database,
which should be running from a seperate ORACLE_HOME, even if on the same server.
Hemant