Title: AW: How to create two db-links within one schema when global_names=tr
Nirmal,

When the instance starts up both have same information. If you set a session's value using ALTER SESSION SET <someparameter> = <somenewvalue> then the newvalue is shown in V$PARAMETER but not in V$SYSTEM_PARAMETER.

for instance

SQL> select value from v$parameter where name = 'sort_area_size';

VALUE
1024000

1 row selected.

SQL> select value from v$system_parameter where name = 'sort_area_size';

VALUE
1024000

1 row selected.

SQL> alter session set sort_area_size = 1024;

Session altered.
SQL> select value from v$parameter where name = 'sort_area_size';

VALUE
1024

1 row selected.

SQL> select value from v$system_parameter where name = 'sort_area_size';

VALUE
1024000

1 row selected.

HTH