Hi,

I am using neither MTS nor RMAN. I set the large_pool_size to zero now. I also set the java_pool_size to 32768 and it works in oracle 8173, although I seem to remember the minimum java_pool_size was 1M in oracle 805. Also I had ORA-04031 error during exp (in oracle 805) and I increased the java_pool_size to 20M and the exp error disappeared. I have not tried to exp in oracle 8173 with java_pool_size = 32K yet.

Guang

------------

A few additional exploratory questions:

Are you using Shared Server (aka Multi Threaded Server) connection model?
Are you using RMAN?

If the answer to both the questions is no, then you are wating the memory
by setting the large_pool_size. I don't know when you took the snapshot of
the query, but if you took that after the database has been up for a while,
it looks like the answer is no to both the questions.

If you are not using java then limit your java pool. There is a bare minimum
it needs to start the database; not sure how much. In databases (8.1.7.4), I
have set it at 32768, but could be less.

HTH

Arup Nanda
www.proligence.com